EVERY PIECE OF VINTAGE CLOTHING WE SELL IS INSPECTED AND AUTHENTICATED BY A REAL VINTAGE NUT, UM, ENTHUSIAST
Our authentication process is simple. We rely on the knowledge and expertise of our team who have years of experience and can tell you the back story of many vintage brands from being avid readers and researchers. We've sorted through thousands of t-shirts, sweatshirts, denim and bring this knowledge with us whenever we source vintage from our suppliers.
Our team specializes by category. For example, Alannah has been wearing 90s dress brands and accessories for a long time. So she does most of our dress selections, partly also because we can't keep her away from them. Another team member has been collecting vintage tees forever and has researched t-shirt manufacturers in the US from 70s-90s, so he does most of our graphic print tee buys.
Rest assured, an actual human has selected and verified that each piece of vintage we sell is at least 20 years old and is in great condition for you to wear for a long time.
Here's how we do it:
- Label is authenticated, where label is no longer affixed, we rely on our collective knowledge about fabric composition, graphic print, ageing and feel of fabric
- Confirm that the brand logo at the decade of production is consistent with our records and research, we're anti fakes and repro's
- Check that the garment is wearable, doesn't have any major stains or holes. A little bit adds character but a lot doesn't work for our customer.
- Mend any damage, mostly invisible mending but we have been known to get creative
- Wash, steam and attach tag and it's ready for its next adventure